Thursday, June 29, 2023

Grand Teton National Park Scenery, June 2023

Besides having so much of its own gorgeous nature to photograph, another benefit of living in Colorado is how close you are to even more awesome natural beauty.  So I planned a nine-day road trip to return to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park, and make my first visit to Glacier National Park.

Teton Range
After roughly eight hours in our camper van I was so excited by my first view of the Teton Range that I pulled off at the closest overlook, set up, and shot away.  I didn't really appreciate just how far away I still actually was. :)

Oxbow Bend, Grand Teton National Park
Oxbow Bend is a little closer.  The late afternoon clouds foreshadowed the conditions I'd see at sunset.

Jackson Lake, Grand Teton National Park
After checking in at Colter Bay Campground, I headed over to Jackson Lake just in case I could catch a lucky break and get an interesting sunset.

Jackson Lake, Grand Teton National Park
I remembered to turn around and look behind me, and liked the scene.  There was a little more color in the clouds looking back to the east, too.

Jackson Lake, Grand Teton National Park
I had a faint glimmer of hope at a break in the clouds just before sunset, but it wasn't accompanied by any color to speak of.  Still, I was back in Grand Teton with a highly touted hike planned for the next day!

Related Links:

No comments: