Thursday, June 19, 2014

Eldorado Canyon, June 2014: Part II

Click here for Part I.

The end of the "golden hour" in no way signaled the end of taking pictures.  Not on a beautiful Colorado morning like this one!

Eldorado Canyon State Park
Our intrepid climber was still high atop the rocks on the opposite side of the canyon.  As much as I was enjoying our views, I'll bet his were just awesome.

Eldorado Canyon State Park
I couldn't quite get the effect I was looking for with this shot of the Fowler Trail.  Couldn't effectively capture the drama that the extreme contrast was creating.  But still an inviting path.

Eldorado Canyon State Park
Barely 7:00, and already the front light was starting to wash things out.

South Boulder Creek
It was down to South Boulder Creek for some flowing water shots next.  The water was running much higher and faster than when I'd brought the kids last summer.

South Boulder Creek
I liked this spot a lot.  The spacing of the rocks and the mix of deeper and shallower water created a lot of visual interest and variety.

South Boulder Creek
Shooting downstream never turns out quite as well for me as shooting upstream does.  I really wanted to capture some of the backlit mist a little better than I did.

South Boulder Creek
Fortunately, I could just turn around for another striking view.

South Boulder Creek
A last look and shot down the canyon, and I was satisfied with my efforts.

One of the great things about getting up early to shoot is that after taking pictures for hours, it's still usually pretty early.  And thus I was able to have a nice, big breakfast at Gunther Toody's on my way home, then catch some World Cup and take a nap -- all before noon.  That's about as good a use of a Saturday morning as I can think of. :)

No comments: