Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Regency at Montaine, February 2024

I'm getting a little spoiled being back in Colorado.  After our heavy snowstorm this past Saturday, I didn't even have to get in my car to take pictures the next morning.  I just walked out my back gate.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Regency at Montaine, Winter Sunrise
There's a small mound (for lack of a better word) behind our house with a bench that for some odd reason faces directly towards our house.  Seems strange, given all the much nicer views it could be facing.  Still, it looked great under fresh snow.

Regency at Montaine, Winter Sunrise
Unsurprisingly, the neighborhood was pretty quiet and still before 7 a.m. on a snow-covered Sunday.

Regency at Montaine, Winter Sunrise
Not a ton of color, but still some nice alpenglow on Mount Blue Sky in the distance.

Regency at Montaine, Winter Sunrise
Too many people sleep on the beauty of blue hour (pun intended).  Not me, at least not this day.

Regency at Montaine, Winter Sunrise
A small smattering of clouds behind "Mount Montaine" added a splash of pink.

Regency at Montaine, Winter Sunrise
A small crescent moon kept silent vigil over the wintry landscape.

Not bad for walking less than 100 yards from my back door!

No comments: