Sunday, May 6, 2018

Skyline Trail

Catching up on some photos I haven't gotten around to posting, here are some shots from my hike along the Skyline Trail in Beavers Bend State Park over spring break.

Skyline Trail Overlooking the Mountain Fork River
The park trail guides say the Skyline Trail is for "experienced hikers," and it does have some steep sections.  But views like this of the Mountain Fork River are worth it.

Skyline Trail
My goal was to reach a rumored waterfall near Bee Creek.  Thankfully, this wasn't it.

Skyline Trail
When I did arrive, the water wasn't flowing as heavily as I'd hoped.  I guess my earlier crossing of that fairly dry seasonal stream should have been a clue.  Regardless, it was a neat spot.  I took some shots with my polarizing filter all the way off...

Skyline Trail
... and all the way on, which I prefer in this case.  Taking the reflection off the water seems to work better here.

Skyline Trail
I switched to my zoom lens on the way back hoping to catch some wildlife or early wildflowers.  No luck, but I did like the blazes on trees to mark the trail.

A solid workout with some decent views, and likely quite lovely when there is more water in the creek and more leaves on the trees.

No comments: