Friday, July 14, 2017

Mount Evans Marmots

Mountain goats were my main photographic quarry on my trip up Mount Evans last week. But I was also looking forward to shooting yellow-bellied marmots, even though they typically flee from my camera.

I did indeed see plenty of marmots.  And this time, many of them actually didn't scamper off before I could take their pictures!

Marmot, Mount Evans
I like the "silent sentinel" vibe of this one.  Like he's on guard duty.

Marmot, Mount Evans
It was nice to get some colorful wildflowers in this shot, as opposed to just rocks.

Marmot, Mount Evans
Fairly standard marmot pose here.  Looking at something that is not me.

Marmot, Mount Evans
This one I really like.  I think this little guy had an itch on his belly, because he curled up rather suddenly and dug at his stomach with his teeth for just a moment.  I love how he's sitting, and the isolation from the background on his little summit.

Marmot, Mount Evans
Sort of a combination of the silent sentinel and standard poses from earlier.  Soaking up some warmth from the sun, perhaps.

Marmot, Mount Evans
This fellow got into a pretty predictable rhythm with his little barks.  So much so that I was able to time one right and get him in this apparent snarl.

Pleasantly surprised to have so much success with these furry little fellows!

Related Link:

No comments: