Monday, July 20, 2015

Brush Creek Trail, July 2015

I always love visiting the Brush Creek Trail when I'm in Crested Butte. Whatever the season, it's always a beautiful walk. Early July was no exception.

Brush Creek Trail
The slopes of Mt. Crested Butte were blanketed in yellow and green.

Lupine, Brush Creek Trail
Lupine in bloom along the trail.

Brush Creek Trail
The trail -- and the day -- looked like they could stretch on forever.  But instead, this is where I turned around.

Brush Creek Trail
Aspens make interesting lines.

Fairy Trumpet, Brush Creek Trail
Fairy trumpet in full bloom.

Cow parsnip, Brush Creek Trail
A different perspective on cow parsnip.  Or maybe osha.  I should have bumped up my ISO so I could have had greater depth of field and a little more of the plants in focus.  But I still like the effect.

Heartleaf arnica, Brush Creek Trail
Heartleaf arnica was in abundance, probably more prevalent than any other flower.

Brush Creek Trail
What a palette of colors -- yellows and reds, pinks and purples, blues and greens -- with the wonderful backdrop of Whetstone Mountain.

A great start to any trip to Crested Butte!

No comments: