Thursday, August 7, 2014

Littleton Pea Patch: Part II

Click here for Part I.

The subjects at the Littleton Pea Patch weren't complicated -- flowers and insects.  Between that and the small area you might think that shooting there would quickly get boring.  I didn't find that to be the case. :)

Littleton Pea Patch
This bumblebee seemed to be scaling the seeds like a tiny rock climber.

Littleton Pea Patch
I like being able to clearly see the bee's whole body in this angle, and how the soft focus in the corners draws your eye to the sharp subject.

Littleton Pea Patch
Upside-down bee!

Littleton Pea Patch
Antennae, wings and leg in sharp focus and nice catchlight in the eye on this view.  Maybe I'm reaching a bit for things that are different enough about each shot to justify sharing them all.  But I just really enjoyed my time in the garden.

Littleton Pea Patch
Here's something different -- a butterfly and bumblebee sharing a flower!

Littleton Pea Patch
The butterfly (which I believe is a Painted Lady) eventually took sole possession, and gave a nice "King of the Mountain" pose.

Littleton Pea Patch
He apparently got lonely, though, and moved on to another flower that a little green spider was already enjoying.  I didn't even notice the spider until I was reviewing the shots on my computer.

Littleton Pea Patch
Then solo again.  I followed it around for a while before moving on.

Littleton Pea Patch
But the butterfly clearly wasn't done with me, as it photobombed this shot.

Littleton Pea Patch
A final bumblebee on a sunflower, and it was time to move on.  Even with great subjects, you eventually need to stop shooting and start reviewing what you shot.  With the garden just 15 minutes from my house I can always go back.  But I'm pretty happy with the results of my first visit!

No comments: