Saturday, May 31, 2014

Crested Butte: Memorial Day Miscellany

Didn't take any more true "hikes" over Memorial Day Weekend. But I did get out with my camera a few more times to see what there was to see. Not surprisingly, what there was to see was generally beautiful. :)

White Rock Mountain
I believe that's White Rock Mountain, reflected in a seasonal pond near the intersection of Prospect Drive and Gothic Road.  I picked up a good tip from Dan Ballard at the last Mile High Wildlife Photo Club meeting about how even apparently unassuming bodies of water can provide striking reflections.  I would say this view supports his point.

Spring Runoff
Spring runoff can turn seasonal streams into impressive cascades, like this one along Route 12.

Gothic Mountain
I've been to Washington Gulch twice, and I've taken this shot of Gothic Mountain both times.  I think this is one of those views you almost have to shoot every chance you get.

Glacier Lily
Some early wildflowers have already started blooming, like this glacier lily.

Spring Pine Cones
Pine trees are bursting with new spring growth, too.  I like the bright sun and hint of the mountains in the background here.

Already looking forward to our next visit!

No comments: