Thursday, December 12, 2013

Badlands National Park: Window & Notch Trails, Part II

Click here for Part I.

Badlands National Park: Notch Trail
Again with the helpful signs.  Though there really isn't as much chance of someone trying to continue past this one.

Badlands National Park: Notch Trail
Got the start of some buttermilk clouds, but they never got any more distinct than this.

Badlands National Park: Notch Trail
Even so, they demanded to be shot.

Badlands National Park: Notch Trail
Danelle freaks out when I show her pictures like this from places where I take the kids.  She never seems quite as concerned when it's just me. :(

Badlands National Park: Notch Trail
Navigating this ladder wasn't too bad, except for the whole carrying-a-camera-and-tripod part.

Badlands National Park: Notch Trail
Anyone else have the overwhelming desire to break into the chorus of "Desperado"?  Just me?  Bummer.

Badlands National Park: Notch Trail
I actually wanted to get even lower for this shot and have the two dead plants frame the formation in the distance even more.  Sadly, this is as low as my tripod could go.  And I probably couldn't get sharp focus and resolution handheld with the sun behind the cloud.  Still, not a horrible shot.

It was almost 11:00 now, but I still hadn't even made it to the Visitor Center!  Three trails down, though.  This was the longest of them all, and even so was only a mile and a half roundtrip.  It was also a bit more strenuous with the ladder climb, but that's all relative.  Not exactly a 14er. :)

No comments: