Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wood Ducks at Sterne Park

Saturday was one of those healthy doses of good old-fashioned serendipity that I love so much.  :)

After dropping Zak off at his school at 6:30 in the morning for a band festival, I headed over to Chatfield State Park hoping for some nice shots.  But after an hour walking along the South Platte River I'd come up completely empty -- something I don't think had ever happened before when I'd headed out with my camera.

Discouraged I cut my losses and headed home early, eventually taking Taryn to her final volleyball game followed by her end-of-season picnic at Sterne Park.  We headed over to the park pond to take a team picture, and lo and behold came upon a small group of Wood Ducks!

It was the only time I'd brought my camera to one of Taryn's games all season.  Without camera, no Wood Duck pics.  With camera, serendipity. :)

Wood duck at Sterne Park

Wood ducks at Sterne Park

Wood duck at Sterne Park

Wood duck at Sterne Park

Wood ducks at Sterne Park

Wood duck at Sterne Park

Wood duck at Sterne Park

No comments: