Sunday, October 7, 2018

Saguaro National Park, July 2018: Wildlife

After leaving Colorado, wildlife sightings on my summer road trip were few and far between. There was a definite correlation between the number of animals I saw and the amount of moisture at the places I visited. At Saguaro National Park, I finally managed to capture some critters with my camera.

Empress Leilia, Saguaro National Park
A new butterfly for me -- Empress Leilia.

Western Whiptail, Saguaro National Park
Little lizards were running around everywhere, and fairly rarely sat still long enough when I was close enough to get a shot.  I did manage to snap something of this Western Whiptail.

Desert Cottontail, Saguaro National Park
Desert Cottontail in some underbrush.

Cactus Wren, Saguaro National Park
Cactus Wrens, not surprisingly, were fairly plentiful.

Western Whiptail, Saguaro National Park
One more Western Whiptail.  My top wildlife sighting was actually one I didn't manage to get on camera -- a Gila Monster that moved much quicker than I realized they did!

Related Links:

No comments: