Sunday, September 23, 2018

Joshua Tree National Park, July 2018: Miscellany

Two hikes in Joshua Tree National Park were enough for me. I spent most of the rest of my time in the park just driving around looking for interesting sights.

Ravens in Joshua Tree, Joshua Tree National Park
Two ravens in a Joshua Tree qualified as an interesting sight.  They let me get very close, but then my angle wasn't great.

Keys View, Joshua Tree National Park
I drove out to Keys View to take in the late afternoon view, which was magnificent.

Keys View, Joshua Tree National Park
I love how the ridges slowly get hazier and hazier as they extend into the distance.

Skull Rock, Joshua Tree National Park
I guess I technically took three hikes.  After setting up my camping site for the night, I walked out to Skull Rock.  This looks straight out of a movie like Peter Pan.

Sunset, Joshua Tree National Park
As the sun went down I played around with silhouettes.  This particular tree caught my attention.

Sunset, Joshua Tree National Park
I'd like the chance to go back sometime and try some more, but I'm fairly pleased with these initial attempts.

Sunrise, Joshua Tree National Park
I got up the next morning for sunrise, and didn't get the vivid colors I hoped for.  But I did like the texture in these clouds and the composition with the foliage in the foreground and rock formations in the middle ground.

And with that, I prepared to head out for my next destination!

Related Links:

No comments: