Saturday, March 19, 2011

Canada Geese

I read some good advice recently about taking wildlife pictures: "Before spending a fortune on a photography expedition to Africa, hone your skills in your own backyard." With that in mind, I headed to our local pond to see what our flock of Canada Geese was up to.

Can a bird like this actually have anything to strut about?

Too bad his buddy walked right in front of him and spoiled his whole macho display.

My, what a long neck you have!

You talkin' to me?

Yes, I know these aren't geese. But they swam by right when I was starting to get a little tired of taking pictures of geese.

This just looks like showing off to me.

I sat by the pond for about half an hour while the kids played, and took about 100 shots in all. I'm not sure how much I learned, but it was at least fun to get outside on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Maybe next time I'll try something more exotic, like squirrels.

No comments: