Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Taking the Plunge



OK, that's obviously not the REAL Nestea plunge. But anybody in their late 30s to early 40s who watched as much TV as a kid as I did probably gets the reference.

And that's pretty much the best way to describe this venture for me. Whether it will be as refreshing as the iced tea version remains to be seen. But the sensation right now is similar to what it must feel like right before you hit the water -- equal parts apprehension and anticipation.

Will anybody read this? If they don't, does it matter? If they do, will they like it? If they don't, does it matter? The kind of stuff that's probably kept generations of bloggers before me up at night. Well, not exactly GENERATIONS. But you get the point.

Anyway, welcome to the latest slice of self-indulgence to grace the interwebs. Except if you believe the statistics, about a zillion more blogs have already been created since I started writing this post. So that "latest" designation doesn't even apply any more. But the self-indulgent part still does, so at least I got that goin' for me. It's not quite total consciousness, but it's a start.

I'm not really sure where this is going to go yet, if anywhere. Or why I decided to start this now. So I'll spare you all any further navel contemplation for the moment, publish this bad boy and revel in having carved out my own little piece of the blogosphere.

Keep those cards and letters coming!

No comments: